can any one look intos these cases

Under this forum members can discuss the AIM and its different documents.
shruthy

can any one look intos these cases

Post by shruthy »

Hi All

these are some areas i could not understand can any one pls guide me

my mail id : shruthy.apps@gmail.com

1. client asked me to develop new reports lets say in AP. for this purpose to collect requirements for developing these new reports, what AIM deliverables do we use? is this RD050 or some other?

2.is abovementioned deliverables can be used for collecting requirements when client wants to modify oracle standard functionality? or is there any other AIM deliverables in this regard?

3.whats the basic diffrence between RD020 v/s RD050 v/s. BP040 ---- i studied AIM pdf manual .....but my arguement is all these three deals with current business process of the client ...........then in what way are these diffrent iam not understanding? pls clarify me

4.another case is like this : client wants to implement the complete oracle standard functionality now still do i need to use RD020, RD050 OR BP040 deliverables..........here i dont think any use to study the current business processes of the client ...........any how client wants to switchover to oracle standard functionality then we can just simply collect information such as suppliers, customers, etc from the client and then just simply configure the application........is this thinking correct.........pls clarify me

thank u all

eagelry waiting for some one's reply

bye
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

1. client asked me to develop new reports lets say in AP. for this purpose to collect requirements for developing these new reports, what AIM deliverables do we use? is this RD050 or some other?

Ans: You need to prepare the MD050 a functional Specification for the Report Requirement. The Technical Guy will prepare MD070 which contains the Code the developer has written to create the Report as Concurrent request

2.is abovementioned deliverables can be used for collecting requirements when client wants to modify oracle standard functionality? or is there any other AIM deliverables in this regard?

Ans: Even for modifying standard Oracle reports it is advisable to prepare MD050/MD070

3.whats the basic diffrence between RD020 v/s RD050 v/s. BP040 ---- i studied AIM pdf manual .....but my arguement is all these three deals with current business process of the client ...........then in what way are these diffrent iam not understanding? pls clarify me

Ans:RD020 - Current Business Baseline. - Basically it simply highlights what are the Business Processes client follows. Ex: There is a Standard Questionnaire attached in RD020 Question colums in AIM Section - Check this out

RD050 - Future Business Requirements Definition of the Client Business: Ex: Applying a PO to prepayament and later on applying against Invoice also.

BR030 - Whether Oracle standard feature meets all the Business Requirement of the client in RD050

Then prepare BP080 future Business Model BP080 document based on the above two (RD050 and BR030)

If there is a GAP, You prepare a GAP Analysis Document called BR010 between BP080 and the Functionality of Oracle.

4.another case is like this : client wants to implement the complete oracle standard functionality now still do i need to use RD020, RD050 OR BP040 deliverables..........here i dont think any use to study the current business processes of the client ...........any how client wants to switchover to oracle standard functionality then we can just simply collect information such as suppliers, customers, etc from the client and then just simply configure the application........is this thinking correct.........pls clarify me

Ans: This is based on the Project deliverbale agreed with the Client on the Implementation Contract. There is no Hard and Fast rule, you need to prepare all docs.But it is advisable, otherwise there will not be any documented Procedure based on which your solution is delivered and how you Map oracle Solution to the client.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
shruthy

Post by shruthy »

thank u siva kumar

now i got a clear picture of understanding

thanks a lot
hbabhu

Post by hbabhu »

Hi

Good explanation about Aim?this is very helpful to New candidate?.

I have one more doubts in this part?

There is any specific document available for End user manual ?

ths
harish