Cash Management

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sunilerp

Cash Management

Post by sunilerp »

HI

wat the prerequisites or things to learn the cash Managment let me know the same.

Hoping Ur reply soon.

bye
sunil
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

There are two Things

a) The Cash Management Module acts as a Reconciliation Module but No Transactions are Generated in this Module.
The Sources of Transactions are coming from Payables, Receivables, General Ledger and External Interface if any.
The accounting entries are generated with reference to Bank Reconciliation happens with respective Modules mentioned above and not in Cash Management Module.

b) The other part of Cash Management helps to perform Cash Forecasting for which the Data it receives from Purchasing, OM, Projects, Payables, Receivables and few more.

It is the simplest of all the Modules but only very few Customers I have seen use this functionality extensively.

The Main Reason being the autoreconciliation Functionality will not work in One to Many, Many to One and Many to Many cases.

Example:- If you have deposited 3 check consisting of values 1000,3000,5000 to bank and you might have entered 3 receipts but banker would have cleared and put a consolidated amount of 9000. Now You load the Bank Statement and perform autoreconciliation it will not work.

To my Knowledge it works only with One to One. If anybody has experience on How to make it work for one to Many, Many to One and Many to Many, Please let me know.

In my experience, because of the above reason one financial services company scrapped Oracle Cash Management module and developed exclusive Reconciliation Module itself to suit the above requirement.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
sunilerp

Post by sunilerp »

HI siva Kmr

tks for Ur reply