Help me to install & uninstall Oracle ADI

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi, it's almost 2 months since I raised this topic and now I got another problem with ADI :P but first let me reply to amirtai.

Unfortunately, I already tried to copy TNSNAMES.ora from other client machine connected to the same DB server but still not worked and what do I search in TNS_ADMIN and $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin ?

[quote]Hi

As long as you can ping to your DB server from client machine, you can copy TNSNAMES.ora file from other client machine connected to the same DB Server. Make sure you check following points.

The search order is:

1. TNS_ADMIN (Check this variable may be pointing to other location)

2. The Global Configuration Directory (e.g. /etc or /var/opt/oracle) 3. =
Then
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

Thanks
Amir

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by amirtai
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi, it's almost 2 months since I raised this topic and now I got another problem with ADI :P but first let me reply to amirtai.

Unfortunately, I already tried to copy TNSNAMES.ora from other client machine connected to the same DB server but still not worked and what do I search in TNS_ADMIN and $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin ?

[quote]Hi

As long as you can ping to your DB server from client machine, you can copy TNSNAMES.ora file from other client machine connected to the same DB Server. Make sure you check following points.

The search order is:

1. TNS_ADMIN (Check this variable may be pointing to other location)

2. The Global Configuration Directory (e.g. /etc or /var/opt/oracle) 3. =
Then
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

Thanks
Amir

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by amirtai
seo1394

Post by seo1394 »

In addition I am describing what is TNSNAMES.ORA

The TNSNAMES.ORA is a configuration file and the entry inside this file is used to connect to a oracle database server.
This file exist in oracle client pc and from the client computer this file entry is used to resolve
oracle service to establish connection to oracle server. It is nothing but contains net service names
mapped to connect descriptors for the local naming method, or net service names mapped to listener
protocol addresses. Note that we can easily connect to oracle database server without the help of
TNSNAMES.ORA.